Innovation for Entrepreneurs
Publisher - University of Maryland
- What are the key indicators of innovation opportunities?
- What steps are critical for entrepreneurs to bring innovations to the marketplace?
- What innovation strategies are valuable for new ventures to establish and maintain a competitive advantage?
- Defining Innovation for Business Strategy
- Creative Destruction as Innovation’s Outcome
- Innovation’s Value Proposition for Entrepreneurs
- New Models of Innovation for Entrepreneurs
- How the Life Span of an Innovation Follows Product Life Cycles
- How Innovations Diffuse into the Commercial Marketplace
- Drucker's Seven Sources of Innovation Opportunity
- How Technology “S” Curves Reveal Innovation Opportunity
- Understanding How Innovations Disrupt the Marketplace
- How Lead Users Foster Innovation
- Where Innovation is Hiding in the Value Chain
- How to Recognize a Winning Innovation Idea
- Ways Technology Can Be a Source of Innovation
- Three Framed Views of the Innovation Process
- How Individual Steps Form the Overall Innovation Process
- An Innovation Process Applied: New Product Development
- How Creative Roles Contribute to Innovation
- How Implementer Roles Contribute to Innovation
- How Strategic Alliances Enable Open Innovation
- How a Blue Ocean Strategy Leads to New Market Niches
- How to Cross the Adoption Chasm and Get an Innovation to Market
- How Benchmarking Can Be an Innovation Strategy
- How Technology Influences an Innovation Strategy
- How Lead User Research Becomes an Innovation Strategy
- How to Compose the Elements of an Innovation Portfolio
- How Technology Transfer Fits into an Innovation Portfolio
- Developing Products and Services to Fit the Market
- Keys to Developing Winning Business Models
- Beginning the Business Model Canvas
- Completing the Business Model Canvas
This introductory course is designed for those interested in learning how innovation works. It does not require a background in business.
Suggested readings are detailed within the course syllabus.
The class will consist of a series of video lectures each week. Assignments are provided each week to apply and reinforce learning.