Standard Training Assessment and Reward (STAR)
The National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme, known as STAR (Standard Training Assessment and Reward),was operational between August 2013 and September 2014.
NSDC is the designated implementing agency of the scheme and is working through various Sector Skill Councils (SSCs), Training Providers (TPs) and independent Assessment Agencies (AAs).
The achievements made under the scheme as on Feb, 2015 are as under:
Outcomes: (As of Feb 2015)
- Total Enrolments: Since the launch of the STAR Scheme in August 2013, there have been over 14 lakhs enrolments across 19 Sector Skill Councils which has spread over 35 states and Union territories.
- 719 Training organizations are affiliated under the STAR Scheme.
- 29 assessment agencies are affiliated and 2,813 assessors empanelled
- Total Passed: 9.14 lakh candidates have passed their assessments out of 14 lakh+ candidates trained at an average pass percentage of 67%.
- Monetary Rewards Processed: Monetary Reward of Rs. 806 crores has been processed by NSDC for 7.78 lakh trainees.
- Under the STAR scheme, financial inclusion is also achieved as the certified trainees get their rewards credited to their newly opened bank accounts, with a debit card linked to an accidental insurance of Rs 1 lac. Each trainee is also assisted in getting an Aadhaar number and the skilling history is recorded in a Skill Development Management System (SDMS) for future reference by various stakeholders.
For more details, visit http://www.nscsindia.org/