Udaan is a Special Industry Initiative for Jammu & Kashmir in the nature of partnership between the corporates of India and Ministry of Home Affairs and implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The programme aims to provide skills training and enhance the employability of unemployed youth of J&K. The Scheme covers graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders. It has two objectives:
- (i) To provide an exposure to the unemployed graduates to the best of Corporate India;
- (ii) To provide Corporate India, an exposure to the rich talent pool available in the State.
The key stakeholders are:
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) - Chief Benefactors
- State Government (Jammu & Kashmir)
- Corporates - Training Partners
- Implementation Agency (IA) NSDC
The Scheme aims to cover 40,000 youth of J&K over a period of five years and Rs. 750 crore has been earmarked for implementation of the scheme over a period of five years to cover other incidental expenses such as travel cost, boarding and lodging, stipend and travel and medical insurance cost for the trainees and administration cost. Further corporates are eligible for partial reimbursement of training expense incurred for the candidates who have been offered jobs.
For more details, visit http://nsdcudaan.com/